What is preventive dentistry?
Visiting the dentist every six months for preventive dentistry services is important to keep your children’s developing smiles healthy and beautiful, and the key to reducing the risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and the need for dental procedures in the future. Smile Wright Dental offers several preventative dental services, including:
- Dental Exams and Cleaning
- Dental X-rays
- Fluoride Treatments
- Habit Appliances
- Space Maintainers
The goal of preventive dentistry is to keep teeth and gums clean to avoid damage caused by tooth decay and periodontal disease. Regular visits to the dentist help manage plaque and tartar build-up and ensure that any possible problems are identified and managed as quickly as possible. Dr. Wright can work with you and your children to set up a preventive dentistry plan that works for your family and will result in beautiful smiles for years to come!
What are good oral care habits?
In addition to regular visits to the dentist, it’s important to practice good oral care habits at home. It’s never too early to introduce your child to a good oral care routine. There are many things you can do to prevent cavities, tooth decay, and gum disease. The team at Smile Wright Dental recommends you follow these guidelines to help minimize your children’s chances of developing oral health problems:
- Brush teeth twice a day using a fluoride toothpaste
- Floss between teeth at least once a day
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet with minimal sugary, acidic foods
- Visit our office twice a year for check-ups and dental cleanings
- Ask our staff about optional dental sealants and fluoride treatments to find out if they are right for your children’s smiles